- 4 courses
- 5 hours
- Skill IQ
This path covers the knowledge and skills required to operate as an Incident Responder.
Additionally, the skills covered directly align to the following CSWF, DCWF and Industry Roles:
Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework) & DoD Cyber Workforce Framework Roles:
Industry Job Roles:
- Incident Response Analyst
- Cyber Incident Responder
- Incident Response Engineer
These courses will take you through a full, adrenaline-filled scenario where the international conglomerate, Globomantics, have reportedly been hit with ransomware! Be prepared to go through the roller-coaster ride of incident response as we assess and analyze the threat and remediate their systems.
This path for incident responders working the hands-on-keyboard, technical aspects of a reported security incident. The target audience for this path is practitioners at entry level to two years of experience in the field.
Courses in this path
This skill path works through the methodological phases of incident response. These phases consist of:
- Initial analysis and detection of a security event
- Collecting data and containment of the threat
- Full network and host analysis to identify root cause
- Post incident activity, including remediation and recovery